Over the Edge 2015
Saturday, November 7, 2015
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa
Registration is Now Open!
Are you a THRILL SEEKING supporter of SPECIAL OLYMPICS HAWAII?
Join us on the rooftop of the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa and go OVER THE EDGE!
Be one of only 96 individuals who'll have the honor of going OVER THE EDGE by raising $1,000 or more to provide local children and adults with intellectual disabilities the chance to participate in Special Olympics sports training and competitions at no cost to them or their families.
Enjoy the spectacular views of Waikiki and Diamond Head from the rooftop of the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa and feel the rush as you rappel down 40 stories. Event photographers will be on the rooftop and on the landing deck to capture your unique experience. Digital photographs will be made available to you on-line a few weeks after the event courtesy of Special Olympics Hawaii, so you can share your high-flying adventure with family, friends and all your fundraising supporters.
Challenge yourself to take your body and fundraising to new heights! We ask all our 2015 Thrill Seeking Rappellers to raise as much as they can to help us reach our fundraising goal of $150,000! You can even create or join a rappel team so you can help each other raise funds.
Space is limited. We expect to fill every time slot, so register early!
Click the Register Online button to register for the event
Click the Find A Rappeller button if you would like to make a donation to a rappeller
Five Easy Steps to go Over the Edge and be the Best Fundraiser you can be!
1) Register On-line.
Click on the Register On-line button above to set up your customized FirstGiving fundraising page.
2) Tell everyone you know you are supporting Special Olympics Hawaii by going Over the Edge!
Begin fundraising by sharing the link to your FirstGiving fundraising page with your family, friends and co-workers. Your fundraising page allows people to donate by credit card. You can also collect cash and checks from your supporters.
3) Read the Over the Edge Updates and visit our on-line Fundraising Toolkit.
Over the Edge Updates will be sent to you by email and will include fundraising tips, information about incentive prizes, messages from Special Olympics athletes and more! The on-line Fundraising Toolkit will include memes, Facebook cover photos, pictures of Special Olympics athletes and more to help you fundraise through social media, emails and personal asks.
4) Secure Your Rappel Spot.
Once your reach the $1,000 fundraising minimum, we will contact you to schedule your rappel time for Saturday, November 7th.
5) Can't Stop, Won't Stop!
Continue to fundraise even after you reach the $1,000 minimum or your fundraising goal. Be sure to read the Over the Edge updates to find out how you can earn incentive prizes like restaurant, gas and theater gift cards and Special Olympics Hawaii logo items.
Registration Deposit Fees
• Returning Rappeller - No Deposit Fee required
• Team Member - $25 per person
• Early Bird Registration (July 1- Sept. 14) - $50 per person
• Standard Registration (After Sept. 14) - $100 per person
**** Deposit may be refunded by request upon reaching the $1,000 minimum (not including your deposit).
• Be at least 18 years old by event day
• Weigh less than 300 lbs.
• Raise a minimum of $1,000
Refunds will not be provided for funds raised by an individual or a team member who is unable to reach the $1,000 minimum by November 7, 2015. Instead, individuals will have the option to complete a Credit Card Extension Form which allows for 2 more weeks to raise the minimum amount. If the minimum is not reached within the 2 weeks, a charge will be made on the credit card for the balance due. A team member's minimum amount can be covered by fellow team members who have raised more than the minimum amount.
Together we can raise $150,000!
To show our appreciation for your fundraising efforts, each rappeller will receive the incentive gifts listed below. You're all Thrill Seekers... but are you a Risk Taker, Adrenaline Junkie or Over the Top fundraiser? Set you goal and go for it!
Thrill-Seeker $1000 - $1,499
2015 SOHI Over the Edge T-shirt
Risk Taker $1,500 to $1,999
SOHI Logo FIFTY/FIFTY Water Flask
Adrenaline Junkie $2,000 to $2,499
Certificate for a one-night stay at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa
Over the Top $2,500 to $3,000
Certificate for a one-night stay at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa and a restaurant gift certificate.
* Incentive gifts are cumulative for each individual.
* Team members or individuals who apply a portion of their funds to another person's $1,000 minimum amount will not be eligible for the incentive gift equal to the total amount he/she raised.
Create a Team and Rappel with Friends!
Create a team of at least three team members (friends, family members, co-workers, etc.) and enjoy these exclusive offers:
• Reduced registration deposit of $25 (instead of $100) for each team member
• Over the Edge T-shirt customized with your team name on the back
• Concurrent rappel times allows three team members to go Over the Edge at once
• Combined fundraising allows members to combine their fundraising totals to allow one member of the team to rappel for each $1,000 raised.
Fundraising Resources Coming Soon!
• Rappeller Fundraising Packet
• What to Expect at Over the Edge
• On-line Fundraising Toolkit
For more information, contact: Tracey Bender
Special Olympics Hawaii