1) Register Online
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER or on the orange Register Online button.
2) Tell everyone you know you are supporting Special Olympics Hawaii by going Over the Edge!
Begin fundraising by sharing the link to your FirstGiving fundraising page with your family, friends and co-workers. Your fundraising page allows people to donate by credit card. You can also collect cash and checks from your supporters.
3) Read the Over the Edge Updates and visit our on-line Fundraising Toolkit(coming soon!)
Over the Edge Updates will be sent to you by email and will include fundraising tips, information about incentive prizes, messages from Special Olympics athletes and more! The on-line Fundraising Toolkit will include memes, Facebook cover photos, pictures of Special Olympics athletes and more to help you fundraise through social media, emails and personal asks. Fundrasing Toolkit coming soon!
4) Secure Your Rappel Spot.
Once your reach the $1,000 fundraising minimum, we will contact you to schedule your rappel time for Saturday, November 5th.
5) Can't Stop, Won't Stop!
Continue to fundraise even after you reach the $1,000 minimum or your fundraising goal. Be sure to read the Over the Edge updates to find out how you can earn incentive prizes like restaurant, gas and theater gift cards and Special Olympics Hawaii logo items.
Registration Deposit Fees
• Early Individual Registration - $50 registration deposit per person
After August 31st, the Individual Registration deposit is $100
• Team Member Registration (Min. 3 people) - $25 registration deposit per person
• Returning Rappeller Registration - No registration deposit required
**** Deposit may be refunded by request upon reaching the $1,000 minimum (not including your deposit).
• Be at least 18 years old by event day
• Weigh less than 300 lbs.
• Raise a minimum of $1,000
Refunds will not be provided for funds raised by an individual or a team member who is unable to reach the $1,000 minimum by November 5, 2016. Instead, individuals will have the option to complete a Credit Card Extension Form which allows for 2 more weeks to raise the minimum amount. If the minimum is not reached within the 2 weeks, a charge will be made on the credit card for the balance due. A team member's minimum amount can be covered by fellow team members who have raised more than the minimum amount.
Together we can raise $130,000!
To show our appreciation for your fundraising efforts, each rappeller will receive the incentive gifts listed below. You're all Thrill Seekers... but are you a Risk Taker, Adrenaline Junkie or Over the Top fundraiser? Set your goal and go for it!
Thrill-Seeker $1000 - $1,499 2016 SOHI Over the Edge T-shirt
Risk Taker $1,500 to $1,999
TO BE ANNOUNCED
Adrenaline Junkie $2,000 to $2,499
TO BE ANNOUNCED
Over the Top $2,499 to $3,000
TO BE ANNOUNCED
* Incentive gifts are cumulative for each individual.
* Team members or individuals who apply a portion of their funds to another person's $1,000 minimum amount will not be eligible for the incentive gift equal to the total amount he/she raised.
Create a Team and Rappel with Friends!
Minimum of 3 People
Talk to your friends, family and co-workers to see if they would like to go Over the Edge with you! If there are at least 3 of you, create a fun team name and register as a team! Each member on the team should have a minimum fundraising goal of $1,000.
Teams enjoy the following benefits:
• Reduced registration deposit of $25 (instead of $100) for each team member
• Concurrent rappel times allows three team members to go Over the Edge at once (subject upon availability)
• Combined fundraising allows members to combine their fundraising totals to allow one member of the team to rappel for each $1,000 raised.
• Teams who raise at least $3,000 by Monday, October 10th will receive their team name on the back of their Over the Edge t-shirt.
Fundraising Resources Coming Soon!
For more information, contact: Tracey Bender
Special Olympics Hawaii
CLICK HERE to see more photos from last year's event!